Thursday, January 31, 2008

Looking Fancy

This past weekend I had the boys with me while I stopped to pick up a few groceries. Theo saw a bag of sweet-tart hearts and declared that they were his teacher's favorites! I agreed to let him purchase a bag for Mary. Monday, he forgot to bring them and was a little bummed, but put them in his backpack that night so he'd remember on Tuesday. The next morning after breakfast I told him that it was time to go up and get dressed. He asked if he could wear his flannel shirt. I asked if he meant the one he had gotten from my pal Laura. "Oh, any flannel shirt, I just want to look fancy!" he declared. I asked why. "Today is the day I'm giving my hearts to Mary!!" It was an adorable little declaration and he went off to school in a smart looking flannel and a pair of khaki's. When he handed the bag over to Mary, bashful is the only word to describe him. I do declare that he has indeed given his heart to Mary.

No comments: