Friday, February 11, 2011

Effervescent

I was sitting on the couch with Theo this morning right after he woke up.  He was in a good mood.  A real good mood.  Being squirrly and funny and sweet.  I held him tight under the blanket, thinking about how he did things large- there's no half way with Theo, stomping or glowing, no real in between.  Luckily, most of the time he's glowing.  So I was sitting there thinking that at times like this he's really almost effervescent.  And just as I was thinking the word effervescent, Theo looked up from where he was snuggled in my lap and said, "You know mom, sometimes I feel like you're the clam and I'm your pearl."  Despite my issues with being called clam-like (really- isn't it an oyster?? which for some reason I feel is slightly more glamorous than being called a clam...), I squeezed him tight and told him I couldn't agree more.

No comments: