Friday, January 8, 2016

He Drives!

This morning I watched as my younger son went out into the early morning dark and cleared the car of snow.  This is a service he has yet to provide for me, his trusty shuttle driver.  But there's a new driver in town, and if the younger brother wants to milk any rides out of old Eli, he has decided he must make himself useful.  So I watched Theo head out early and wipe down the car, then Eli grabbed the keys and followed him out.  I listened from the quiet dark house as the boys called out to each other and then got in the car and drove away.  Without me.  How did we get here?

I wish the license arrival did not correspond with the darkest, iciest days of the year, but if he can master these roads, he will be golden by spring and I will be free of worries.  Right?

No comments: