Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My middle-aged 8 year old


Today I was walking down the alley with my two boys on the way home from school. It was lightly raining and Eli was thoughtfully spinning his umbrella as we walked along. He said, "Mom, I think I'd like a cup of chamomile tea when we get home. I'd like to relax before I start my math homework." So we get home and I get out the tea. He decides that he should actually just have plain old "Lipiton" because he does need to stay alert enough to do his work. I boil some water and serve it up at the kitchen table. I then am called away by Theo to get out the legos. When I return, there's Eli, legs crossed, tea in one hand, newspaper in the other. He says, "Mom, the only section really worth reading is the Source section." What a kid.

No comments: