Thursday, October 25, 2007

Walking home from school

On Fridays, when I am cutting out early from work and rushing rushing to get home in time to pick the boys up from school, I can forget what a joy it is to walk and listen to them process their day. I never leave work early enough, and I should just pull up in front of the school, but I always drive the extra blocks in order to park the car at home and then sprint through the alley to get there on time...then we stroll home and the whole work week falls away as I listen to them chat. I can't remember exactly how this conversation went last week, but here's the gist of it:
Really, it wasn't a conversation because the only one talking was Eli.
"Well, she's finally on to someone else....In music class Gina (the teacher) has decided that Lazaro is her new project. Am I relieved. I mean, I feel bad for Lazaro. As she stands over him, getting him to try to sing over and over I want to go tell him that I know what it's like. But I don't want Gina to remember me and come back to working on me. It's weird...I feel bad for him but I am just so relieved that she's forgotten about me! I'll have to tell him not to worry, that she'll find someone else someday. I won't tell him that she worked on me for over a year..."

No comments: