Monday, May 4, 2009

Swab story, part two

I forgot to mention that a month ago, when Theo was in for the original Strep swab-ation, it was a nurse who tried to get a sample from the back of old Theo's throat. Jon's report makes it sound like it was fairly awful. So in the middle of the doctor's battle to get the swabs in this time, I kept saying, "Theo, this guy is a professional, he knows what he's doing, let him do it." My child showed no signs of hearing any of my reasoning- just kept the mouth clamped, the pleading eyes on me.
But the next day, when the phone remained silent and no one called to say that the 24 hour test had come back positive, Theo walked by and said, "You know, they're not calling today because that guy was a professional, he knew what he was doing and he got it right the first time." Apparently he did hear me.
So no strep. And if it was the old swine-y it proved to be very mild indeed. He was back up and running by noon on Saturday.

No comments: