Sunday, January 10, 2010

Judy and Hap Lutter ski loops!

I was out at Theodore Wirth park today with 200 youth club skiers. That is quite a site. 200 young ones all with skies and sharp pointy poles. After I helped equip Eli, Theo, Espen, Siri, Torben, and Berit, I escaped the madness and headed out for a ski with my very own self. It was fabulous. I went up the hill behind the chalet and got a little turned around but ended up skiing all that is available in the Back 9, including the lovely Judy and Hap Lutter loops. The snow seems fresh and soft and the classic tracks are deep and smooth. It was a delight to spend and hour out in the woods thinking of my uncle Hap and what a special guy he was. I thought of Judy too, and how if she had been out there today she would have been kicking my butt. I am slow this season after living in a cave the entire break, trying to get over a dumb cold. But I'm back- and was delighted to be out in the sun today. I recommend making the trek over to Theo Wirth sometime soon. That is some fabulous city skiing- the trails are endless and currently in great condition. Plus some of them are named after my peeps.

No comments: