Monday, January 25, 2010

Lame

Our household is currently fairly lame. You see, two weeks ago, my spouse went in for some surgical repair for what is known as a sports hernia. I always thought that he might be too fit, and here's the proof. He would argue with that and bombard you with stats - but don't let him. And lighten up on those situps and crunches today so the same fate does not befall you. Anyway- he's slowly recovering but has his restrictions- including not lifting anything over 10 lbs. One week into his recovery I took the neighbor's dog for a walk- on a snowy icy day. Fell on my bum- but broke my fall with my left hand. Turns out that I really broke it- not the fall, but my wrist. So now I have my own restrictions. These have intersected with Jon's in amusing ways, but luckily our boys have stepped it up and are proving to be much more capable and independent than we originally thought. Kind of makes me wish I had slipped on the ice a few years ago.

No comments: