Friday, June 11, 2010

Lazy days ahead

It's the last day of school. My boys come home in about 20 minutes! I just realized that we are leaving Ulla's classroom after four fabulous years. Almost made me want to have another kid. Almost. The boys seem excited to be released for the summer, although Eli usually carries a little tinge of sadness as he walks out. We shall see. I have purposely left our summer relatively unplanned. Both boys are going to try out resident camp at St. Croix this year. Yikes. I know what those counselors are up to. I still remember those days. And we will journey up to DuNord once again. The last week of summer I signed them up for DayCroix because I have to be back at work. But the weeks in between will be filled with what I hope to be glorious laziness and the freedom to follow our whims. Here's hoping Theo's whim isn't always to pester his brother. By July, I may be doing some frantic research trying to find last minute diversions so that we don't kill each other. But right now the long stretch of summer days looks idyllic and lovely. Here's my list of hopeful activities:

Geocaching in some hidden unmowed pockets of St. Paul
Strawberry and blueberry picking
A visit to the Pizza Farm
Biking down to the pool
Eating the raspberries from the patch out by the garage every morning
Lots of reading in the hammock
Gardening and farmer's market shopping
Smoothie perfecting
Reading out on the porch while it storms

No comments: