Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mr. T

Before this past weekend, my kids had no idea who Mr. T was, but since stickers of this 80's icon figured prominently in my pal Andrew's prank-filled past, we introduced the boys to old A Team footage via youtube. They were strangely unimpressed. But then John Ott, our houseguest for 24 hours, and Andrew's partner in crime back in the day, secretly plastered our house with these stickers while he was here. We keep finding them as we go through our daily tasks. The boys delight in finding them. There's the one on the back of the phone. On the fridge magnet. The one on the yo-you made Eli guffaw as he was getting ready for school today. And each one that is unearthed brings a little memory of my pal. And I'm glad for it. Even though I can't get Mr. T off my phone. Thank goodness they are only reproductions, and not the originals- those were 'scratch and sniff' and although the one on my phone is the 'bubble gum' version, I think the body odor one is on the fridge. Yes, back in the 80's you could spend money to buy a scratch and sniff sticker that featured Mr. T's body odor. I hear that the originals fetch quite a price on e-bay. If Tina ever finds Andrew's full stash, she could fund Lucy's college with the proceeds.

No comments: