Monday, August 23, 2010

Developing his new look

For awhile now our little man Theo has been growing out his hair.  And it is nice hair, it should probably be grown out.  I just hope that he settles on some hair style that doesn't require the constant head flick to get the hair out of his eyes.  There are some boys at my school who have a pretty constant tick which I think spells lots of chiropractic care in their future.  This brings me to my prediction that there is a whole generation of boys who are going to need therapy a few years down the road for hip/knee problems.  How those saggers have to walk to keep their pants up can not be good for the body long term.  I know, I know, that fashion before function is the name of the game for teens, and I myself would have to sit down and undo 37 safety pins before I could get out of a pair of jeans back in the 80's, but I don't think that silly fashion did any long term damage to my body....  But I digress, back to Theo.  I had him in for his yearly physical earlier this summer and he was chatting with his doctor, the lovely Sandy Sackett.  I love how they interact- he can be a little shy with some adults, but he just bares his soul to Sandy.  During this visit she asked him if he had many of the same teachers that his older brother had.  He said yes.  She then asked, "Well, do they ever get the two of you mixed up?  Accidentally call you Eli?"  To which Theo responded, "They used to, but lately I've been growing my hair out and developing my own look."  Sandy did an excellent job of surpressing a giggle, raised her eyebrows at me over Theo's head and said, "Are you now?".  Yep.  Yep he is.

No comments: