Tuesday, November 30, 2010

State of the Art Dining Facility!

A few weeks back my fellow director of the Croixathlon, Amy, and I found out that our beloved little race has landed in Minnesota's top five most popular multi-sport races.  And before you start tut-tutting and thinking that maybe there are only 6 such races I will let you know that there are over 70.  So yeehaw for the Croixathlon.  It's great for this little fundraiser to get some good props.  We work hard to create an event that is fun, challenging, and raises great money that gets kids out to camp in the summer.  And we might work even harder to encourage people to vote.  We don't tell them who to vote for....exactly.  We might just send a little reminder about the potato chips and the warm from the oven chocolate chip cookies.  And then a link that says "Vote Here for the Croixathlon".  No pressure.
But anyway- where does this get us?  Well, first of all, it got Amy and I to buy a table at the annual Tri-Night Banquet so we could thank our lovely corps of volunteers.  And soon it will get us into a room out in Minnetonka with a bunch of triathletes.  Which has got me a bit scared.  Triathletes are a weird crew.  They wear a lot of spandex and are real detail-oriented- two things I try to avoid.  And the info on Tri-Night keeps mentioning a 'state of the art' dining facility which really has me wondering.  What makes a dining room state of the art?  Amy thinks their will be streamlined forks, aerodynamic waiters, and synthohol.  I totally agree.  Triathletes demand nothing less.  Just think of the calories saved by using a state of the art fork!  My next morning workout will see my cardio/fat burn ratio peaking on a much earlier interval than if I had used the fork in available in my kitchen. Thank god.   
I must admit I'm looking forward to the event despite my general uneasiness when surrounded by people who surely have heart-rate monitors on under their evening wear.  It will be unveiled that evening just which race is number one in Minnesota, and while Amy and I are pretty sure the little Croixathlon will not elbow out it's larger competitors, we have managed to gather a pretty hilarious crew of friends/volunteers to join us at our table.  And while we may have a lower lean muscle mass average than the table next door, I dare say our laughter might help us burn more calories.  And with a crowd full of serious athletes, there just might be more desserts for me! 

No comments: