Friday, November 5, 2010

Still digging out berries

It's November and we still have a good deal of berries in our freezer.  This morning I made the boys some Swedish pancakes and we dug out a bag of Lake Namakon blues to roll up inside them.  We didn't defrost them all the way- the hot pancake wrapped around chilly wild blueberries with just a touch of sugar sprinkled over the top.  That's one heck of a way to start a Friday. 

I am getting out my summer 2011 calendar right now and penciling much time for berry picking.  I thought that I might have over done it last summer, but we're already nearing the tail end of our crop.  We still have a couple smoothies, maybe some waffle topping, and at least one more small tart before the well will run dry, however.  They will brighten some dark winter mornings, I am sure. 

No comments: