Thursday, June 23, 2011

How he says 'I love you'

Theo was the first to greet me on mother's day.  We were in a hotel in Nashville (for a family wedding) and I opened my eyes to find Theo leaning over me.  He smiled and said, "Happy mother's day.....Gretch."  Hmm. 

A few days later he was doing something rather sweet (what that sweet thing he was doing has been lost) and I said, "Oh, Theo, where were we lucky enough to find you?" His immediate answer:  Your uterus.  Then back to playing.  But I did catch him giving me a little backwards glance, trying to see how his mom was reacting to this new sass-a-frass side of him.  And he found me smiling. 

I'm pretty sure this new trend of witty little toss-backs with a smart aleck edge are just pre-teen Theo's way of telling me how much he loves me. Right?

No comments: