Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An Ode to FruitShare

Not really, because poetry is something I don't dabble in.  But I need to voice my love for this organization.  Every two weeks we get a box of fresh, organic fruit delivered to our door.  All the fruit comes from small farms and comes with little stories about life on that particular farm.  Last delivery was turned into the most amazing avacado-pineapple-mango salsa I ever did have.  I could try to replicate with fruit from the grocery store, but the quality just can not be matched and you taste that.  This week it was a mixed box of strawberries, avacados, citrus, kiwis, and apples.  So far I've only dug into the strawberries and they were so packed with flavor I have vowed, at least for a while, to never buy a strawberry at a store again.  I can't wait til strawberry picking season begins.  My freezer is empty and awaits the restocking season to begin!  http://www.fruitshare.com/

No comments: