Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What a kid

Eli's in a good place these days.  Frankly, he's been in a pretty good place for the past 12 years.  But lately he's been feeling so good that he's been breaking into song.  This morning I asked him to clean up the space around the rabbit cage.  He sashayed into the room, grabbed the broom and began dancing and singing a narrative tune as he swept.  When he finished I spotted a stray rabbit poop.  I pointed out how it was just the size and shape to cause me serious damage if I was to step on it barefoot.  On the surface it doesn't look nearly as dangerous as a stray lego, but I am recovering (slowly) from a doctor's vicious attempt to remove my plantars warts.  I swear that if we ever experience a nuclear war two things will survive:  cockroaches and my warts.  I will not survive, but my warts will find a way to graft themselves onto the milling cockroaches.  I guarantee it.  This may all be too much information, but I think you'll find it worth it.  You see, Eli took my (jesting) warning that if he didn't clean up that last piece of poop, it could be the end of me and made it into a song.  He left for school this morning belting out these lyrics, "Oh!  If I don't clean up the last little poop, my mom may step on it.  And lodge it into her wart hole, where it will cause infection.  Infection!  And she will be poisoned and it will kill her!  Woe is me!  My mom will die!  Of a rabbit poop in a wart hole!"  Seriously walked down the block belting this out.  All this after he did bother to sweep up the last poop.  Love him.

No comments: