Friday, March 15, 2013

The competitive spirit never dies

A couple weeks ago we were up at my parents' house for a friendly family get together.  It was nice to hang out with my brothers and their peeps.  Although we all live fairly close to each other, lives are busy and we don't always make time to see each other. 

During lunch Theo mentioned that when he had been downstairs he had seen a new item my dad had purchased (more on Rodger's purchasing habits later...) called a Bongo Board and wondered what it was for.  What is it for?  Don't ask my dad that...  But I explained the general idea to him and went on eating.  Moments later I noticed my brother Pete had slipped away from the table.  In the middle of the meal.  To go downstairs and get in some covert practicing on the Bongo Board.  Couldn't wait til after the meal.  Had to get a jump on it as he knew there would be a competition coming soon.  That's what we Sages do.  It was no fair that he got the extra practice in, as he already had an advantage with his dorky log rolling shoes he was wearing.  That's right, my brother owns log rolling shoes.  He had accidentally had them delivered to my parents' house (I'm sure the UPS driver knows the way there) and was thrilled to find them when he arrived.  Slipped them right on and asked us at regular intervals to admire them. At first I scoffed.  But then when I found out about the Bongo Board I became enraged!  The playing field was no longer level! 

No comments: