Sunday, October 5, 2008

Eli-isms

So I went in to get a haircut and somehow got suckered into letting the stylist recommend a coloring scheme that is really not me. But I went along with it, came home, looked in the mirror and immediately called my agent so that she could hook me up with an audition for Baywatch, circa 1992. I'm all frosted and yucky. But, as so many helpful people have pointed out, it will help cover up the gray as it comes back in.... Thanks. Anyway, Eli gave me a few sideways glances when I picked him up from the walk-stop after school. I said, "WHAT?!?" not at all defensively. And his response? "Um, Mom, um, your hair....it kind of looks like someone who is trying to be sexy." It was clear from his tone that it was an unsuccessful attempt. Love him.

On a different topic- when Eli gets a little anxious or excited he starts talking. And talking. And the yammering is like someone is tap-dancing on my head as he goes on and on and on. Last night we watched the Spiderwick movie and it was tense. For all of us. I'd like to report that my arms and legs did not go numb, but there was some beginning of the tingling... Anyway, when it ended Eli started talking, rehashing the whole movie at fast-forward pace. Kind of maniacally. I broke in and carefully said, "Sheesh Eli, you've got a lot to say right now." He stopped, chuckled, and said, "I guess I am kind of like Bob's wife from Open Season." If you've seen the movie you have to realize that the kid hit it head on. He is self aware, if not quietly introspective.

I think we agree that he inherited this trait from his maternal grandmother. Skips a generation for sure.