Friday, December 4, 2009

Clearly, I do not understand

Last night as I walked by the boys' room I saw Eli's little sparkly eyes peeping out over the railing of his top bunk. It was nearing 10 and I fully expected him to be asleep. He called me in. Then he explained to me how he had JUST realized that the answer to one of the problems on his continental math test (these very challenging logic/math tests he takes every few months at school) was 5. He had put 8! But now that he is thinking about it, the answer is obviously 5! He then explained his reasoning- which I did not come near understanding, but listened to patiently. When he finally summed up, I said, "Looks like you have it figured out, now close your eyes and get some sleep." From Eli: "Mom. Clearly, you do not understand the mental anguish I am in." Clearly, I don't.

No comments: