Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Amish New Year

Last November the Amish Envy Club convened in our kitchen to install the new cork floor. This March I looked real closely and realized it might actually be time to wash it. Love that floor. It is so fabulous at hiding the side effects of poor cleaning habits that when I do sweep I have to really search for the piles of crumbs I have created. I couldn't be happier with the results of that club gathering.
This past Sunday we came together again- this time over at Jason and Shannon's to do a little painting and possible carpet removal. The laughs came early and often (I do think that had something to do with the lack of ventilation in the back room) and the paint looked great. About 2pm Jason and Shannon were debating (while Jon was applying coat 7 to the door he'd been working on all day) if there was time to take on the carpet removal project that afternoon or if they should postpone. I think they were just about to come down on the side of postponing- but an ever-eager Amisher did not get that memo and took the utility knife to the stairs. So out it went. I think that the homeowners were ok with it in the end...
The evening ended with a fabulous meal and many laughs, as usual. Another year's cycle of the club complete. New Amish year on the horizon- excited to get people over to prep our yard for a fabulous gardening season. Great idea Amy. As she says: Franchises available.

No comments: