Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting comfortable

When Ildar first moved in with us, I wondered how long it would take before he really was a member of our family and we felt totally comfortable with him in our house.  I figured it would take us all different intervals of time, due to our personalities.  Theo, it took about 5 minutes.  Jon seemed good from the get go as well.  And while I admit I may be more restrained still with some things, say farting, it has become pretty natural for me to have this third boy in the house. And I think everyone is glad for his presence if it does continue to restrain some of my less mature behavior.  But Eli, he can be slow to show his true colors. But I think he's finally there.  Here's how I know:  Last weekend when we were putting up our Christmas tree, Eli marched around the house singing christmas carols at the top of his lungs.  For hours. And Ildar seems to be comfortable here as well- at least comfortable enough to comment, after I took a picture of him putting an ornament on the tree, "Why do some people take such bad pictures?"  He then rolled me through a couple examples of good pictures (his and Jon's) and then mine and asked me if I could see the difference.  I could, I admit, but that didn't stop me from giving him a hearty punch in the arm first. But then we had a retake session and I got his blessing.  Apparently I can learn new things. 

No comments: