Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dangerous squirrel underground active once again

A couple years ago I went on a bike ride and experienced what I think had to be a united attack by a highly organized squirrel underground military force.  Only they work overhead.  I was pelted with about 10 acorns in a row as I biked under a canopy of oaks.  I know you are thinking that acorns grow on oaks and do fall off.  It's nature.  But these things were pelted.  It was more than gravity.  My family does not believe me.  And they will be woefully underprepared when the squirrels take over. 

I must admit that even I have been getting complacent lately.  Forgetting about the dangerous squirrel operatives lurking all around me.  Until today.  I was out for a ski with Becky D at Lebanon Hills and we were passing through a lovely pine forest when a huge chunk of wet snow landed smack in the middle of my head.  I mean it was so big and heavy I think my spine got compressed a few inches and I'm now about 5'7".  It could not have been a more direct hit.  Becky and I both nearly died laughing, until I came to realize that this was no accident.  It was a warning!  The squirrels are back in action, organizing, plotting, carrying out surprise attacks.  Ok, you might be thinking, I was in a pine forest a few days after a big snow storm and there's a serious thaw happening right now.  But how do explain that we didn't see any other snow chunks fall the rest of our ski?  Anywhere.  Except for the one that konked me on the head. 

You have been warned.

No comments: