Friday, March 18, 2011

I challenge you to a jig-off

That's what Theo did the other night.  I had never heard of such a thing.  But he clearly had.  Knew all the rules.  One person challenges the other, if they accept, the music is started up and the last person to keep moving their feet (rather wildly if you are Theo) is the victor. So I accepted his challenge.  He went over to the speakers and queued up some Black Eyed Peas and off we went.  I made sure that the first thing I did was jig over to the living room curtains and shut them.  I have a student living next door and I don't want any tales told in school.  I lasted for 3 or 4 songs, but between my own energetic jigging, and my laughter at Theo's wild dancing, I had to throw in the towel first.  He was a good winner.  He let me rest for a while.  Then went to get his sash on (see below), bowed before me in my chair, and asked, "May I have this dance?"  We took a victory lap around the room.  I can't wait to be challenged again some evening soon.

No comments: