Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bike Vistas



With last weekends snow and ice, my biking season has come to a close.  I don't risk it.  Jon has very nicely set my bike up on his trainer in the basement, so that I can continue to use biking as a workout without trudging off to the Y.  And it has been nice and convenient.  But about 20 minutes into my morning ride today I looked up and was struck by my vista.  Or lack of one.  My head's up in the rafters, surrounded by rusty pipes and dusty cobwebs, two feet in front of me hangs yesterday's laundry I have been meaning to collect, and my ipod rests precariously on a shelf full of stuff that really needs to go to goodwill.  Not soul expanding surroundings, to be sure.  Luckily this is just for the shoulder season, when the roads are icy and the wind is chill, but there's not enough snow to get out into the woods on skies.  I can't wait to be released from the basement and out into the woods where the vistas, even if only of the local golf course, help my workout refresh my soul as well as my body.

No comments: