Saturday, June 20, 2009

haircuts

As Jon was firing up the razor in the backyard last night I was lying back on the deck, enjoying a breather after a great summer day, but anticipating some complaining from the kids for being conned into visiting "Jon's strip down to your skivvies hair salon". Theo was first, and to my surprise stepped up to the stool and said, "Take it all off Dad! I want it short. I mean short!!" So Jon did. The kid is not bald, but looks it from 20 paces. After the cut he sidled over to me, shirtless and rubbing his fuzzy head. He looked down at me lying there on the deck and said, "Mom, I'm part fat guy (rubbing his pasta-full tummy), part buff dude (patting his 'muscles'), and part nerd (pointing to his nearly hairless head)." Then he leaned down real close and stage whispered, "And maybe a little bit handsome??" Definitely.
Pictures to follow soon!

No comments: