Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lucky me

So I still work part time.  I think both Jon and I thought that once the boys both got into school full time that I might start working five days a week again.  And I've thought about it, but I just can't make the jump.  Because if I did I'd have to give up moments like I had last week when I was working with a small group of Eli's classmates over in the library of Expo.  Our task was to read and analyze two poems by Maya Angelou which had been made into a sort of graphic novel.  We did a lovely job, I like to think.  But then the kids wanted more.  So I found another Angelou poem online and brought it in to the group.  We read it, analyzed it, and then I sat back as this group of three girls and three boys worked together to create their own graphic novel of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.  The listened to each other, gave respectful feedback, helped each other out when someone was stuck, and had some hearty laughs.  And I just got to sit there and listen.  Lucky me.

No comments: