Monday, November 25, 2013

Biking through these fair cities

This fall was another great one for biking in the twin cities.  Every fall (and every spring) I am newly awed by the options for biking.  On a early September ride I went up the river, around the lakes, and back down the creek.  I saw people biking, running, walking, rowing, swimming, fishing, roller blading-skaing-skiing, and yes, pickle balling.  You were all looking good out there Twin Citians.  Oh- did I mention the fire fighters doing pushups by the lake?  All this was just after sunrise on a wednesday.  I think that this scene rivals the 'dawn patrol' of dumb old Southern California.
And this particular ride was topped off with some nice police officers trying to catch speeders coming over the Ford bridge.  As I rode by they gave me a hearty cheer and told me they clocked me at 22 mph.  I totally appreciated the cheers- but I think if you are pulled over any time soon you should ask them about the accuracy of their equipment.

No comments: