Monday, April 7, 2008

Snapshot of a Minnesota April

This is what was in the back of my car the other day:
Eli's bike
Theo's visor
Suntan lotion
A sled
Theo's gloves

And we had used them all within 48 hours of each other. On Tuesday of last week we spent a glorious couple hours on the 'slopes' of the Highland golf course sledding and snowballing with friends. Or at least they were friends until Eli pegged them with snowball #357. Then, by Thursday, my mom and I were soaking up the sun on her driveway while the boys biked pell mell around us. For a typical April week in Minnesota you have to be prepared for all types of scenarios. And I am. That is much more about laziness than about being prepared, however. Because another truism about Spring in the north parts- as the sun comes out longer, and stronger, and more often, the law of inertia is quite applicable to me. When this body is at rest, it tends to stay at rest! I don't have time to clean out my car because I'm far too busy sitting in a swinging chair on the deck soaking up the sun. Unfortunately, it looks like were looking at a few more days that might call for the sled, rather than the lotion and visor.....

No comments: