Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring...

On our last official day of spring break we got lucky- one of those perfect spring days. It's probably close to 60, the sun is shining and my boys have been outside from 10 am until....? Who knows when they will come back in. And what's more, they have been getting along! It really makes me wonder how we survived the winter indoors.

I really want to share a little story from yesterday, but my mother is censoring me. Perhaps she will have a different attitude in a week or two. It's a good one but it will have to wait. One thing I will share: We were up at my parents' house yesterday, enjoying the sun. We got to talking about the old story of my parents leaving me at a rest stop when I was 10...and then again when I was 13.... and we dug out the 20 year old tape of my mom on the show Twin Cities Live. They had an episode devoted to 'travel horror stories' and somehow my mom got duped in to being a guest and sharing these tales with a tv audience. Anyway, the tape was hilarious and very 1987, all the guests had very 80's hairdo's and the 'host' was wearing a wonderful cream colored double breasted suit. We were all looking so good back then. My mom watched the tape for a while and fessed up to still owning that dress. And those earrings. Then: "Heck, I probably still have the same bra and underwear!" This set Eli into a fit of giggling. But I'm sure it is true!

No comments: