Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Details

Today after I walked the boys to school I returned home and in a whirlwind made out a grocery list, checked my work email, found a receipt and the piece of flooring I needed to return, and packed my gym bag. Then I rushed out the door for my tour of duty as a sometimes stay-at-home mom. By the time I reached the gym I was a little behind my self-imposed schedule. I rushed down to the locker room, threw my clothes into a locker and started changing into my workout clothes. I reached into my duffle, grabbed my well-worn gymshorts and bent down to put them on. Only to realize that I was struggling into my son Eli's t-shirt of the same color. Dang. But here's the kicker: I honestly contemplated how to make this t-shirt work as a pair of shorts. I had this vision of putting my legs through the armholes and then somehow cinching it up around my waist. I think everyone at the old Midway Y this morning is very thankful that I could not find a proper cinching device. Luckily a further examination into the depths of my gymbag produced a pair of sweats that were really much more appropriate.

No comments: