Friday, February 13, 2009

Never stuck in neutral

I don't know why it has taken me nearly 7 years to figure this out- it's been fairly obvious since day one- Theo William has no neutral. The little vehichle that is Theo goes full speed, or gets four flats simultaneously. And the clutch goes out. And the engine knocks. I promise that is the end of my car metaphors- I've exhausted my knowledge base. He is not cold but freezing! Not hungry, but STARVING. Not just a little tired, but piled in a sloshy heap on his floor, feet from his comfy bed but unable to make it the final distance. Luckily for us, most of the time he is stuck on the other side of this continuum- his engine running high, but smoothly- no whining or clanks and crashes- just pure unadulterated love for his dinner, his legos, his owl, his wand, his babysitter, his brother. And he lets us know constantly that things are going well for him and that he is pleased with his surroundings. Last night he snuggled up to me, professed his love, then proceed to go so far as to call me his one and only "loobity lobbity fat piece of chicken". Like I said- he does nothing halfway. Pet names included. I have been invited, if I wish, to go ahead and call him my "loobity lobbity obese piece of chicken". And since it wraps up exactly my sentiments toward this bright and shiny boy I share a life with, I think I will.

No comments: