Monday, November 26, 2012

Bragging Rights

I just got back from the dentist where I was given a temporary cap for my missing tooth.  This makes going back into my classroom tomorrow a bit easier.  I will still have to deal with the heckling about my greenish yellowish cheek and my bruised chin that looks like I am trying to grow a small, off-centered, goatee.  These kids tease nicely however.  I know that because they recently found out about my treadmill wipeout and have been amused, but not mean. 

But at the dentist, we shared a laugh- the dentist, the hygenist, and I.  He had recently re-capped my husband's tooth. The hygenist asked how Jon had broken his.  Eating a baguette.  Hello lame story!  Mine involves a bike crash.  If I want to get dramatic I could tell you about the oncoming semi and how I was braking to avoid a collision.

If I wanted to be less dramatic I could tell you that I was biking back from Walmart with my mom.  Where we had journeyed because I wanted some chips with dinner.  And some wine.  Both survived the crash, by the way.  And that semi was not very close, although in truth I was braking to avoid hitting it, just that the only reason I would have hit it was if I would have randomly crossed the street.

And, I suppose, truth be told, Jon's baguette break was of his already fake tooth.  That tooth had originally been broken doing something else.  The details of which I am choosing to forget. 

No comments: