Monday, January 7, 2013

I heart St. Paul

And Minneapolis, if truth be told.  The ski trails in these fine cities are just too much!  Over the winter break we skied at Battle Creek East and West, Highland Golf Course, and Theodore Wirth.  All were excellent.  And everywhere we skied we ran into people we knew.  I love the atmosphere on the trails in the winter.

We were also able to ski outside of the cities a bit, on the trail my 70 year old parents forge out their back door and around the golf course, at a state park, and through the woods at a cabin in Wisconsin.  The kids are getting more proficient.  I've found that if Eli is on skate skis and I'm on classic, we are a good match.

Right now the snow is melting fast and there is not a whole lot more in the extended forecast, so our ski season my be put on hold for a while.  But I don't believe it's over.


No comments: