Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolving

Eli told me I needed to make a resolution for 2013, and I needed to make it something that would not bring me a sense of failure early on into the year.  He then warned me away from a weight loss goal.  I do love him.

So my one and only official resolution is to keep this blog up to date.  I know that there is no readership of this blog, but it's important for me to keep a log of this life I'm leading with my sweet family.  We are not out there taking huge risks, solving mysteries, or writing our names in the sky.  But we are bumbling along here in St. Paul and having ourselves some good old times.  Each December I go through the ritual of copying all of these posts into a word doc, then printing it out and binding it into books.  I make one for us and one for each set of grandparents.  That's it.  But we have 6 books now, and they are fun to browse through every now and then.  Over winter break we read 2007 and 2008 and the boys had hearty laughs hearing stories about their weird ways when they were 'younger'.  I admit I got a bit teary remembering some of the sweeter moments.

So I hereby resolve to keep jotting down the stories of our days, be they quiet tales of heartbreak and woe, or glorious documentation of goals met and victories won.

No comments: