Sunday, January 27, 2013

My medieval son

Yesterday Eli skipped fencing practice in order to go to an archery meet.  I was a person attracted to balls and the sports involving them.  Eli has forged a path into this medieval sporting world, and I was unsure what it would be like to follow him... So far we have not witnessed a fencing match (game? meet? event?) only practice.  But we went to our first Archery meet yesterday.  Not sure what the overall event is called, but I did learn that each round is called a 'flight'.  Eli was in the 12pm flight, and quite nervous before takeoff.  He wasn't sure how it all worked, but his coach provided him with a mentor and off he went.  Have to say that it was kind of fun to watch.  He showcased an even temperament, good rule-following, decent marksmanship, and lovely posture.  Next time we will know to bring some binoculars so we can actually see where his arrows land!  I'm starting to see how my parents survived all those hours in gyms, watching me play basketball.

No comments: