Thursday, January 2, 2014

Well-being

So the hives that have been plaguing me since early November are finally taking a turn for the better.  I like to chalk it up to my first ever acupuncture experience, but it also could just have been good timing.  In any case, since I'm still waking up with a random hive or two (or 10, but not hundreds) I decided to go back to the acupuncturist today.  I like that where I live I can walk to my doctor, the allergist, my hair salon, as well as now, my acupuncturist.  Never thought I'd have one of those, but that's how life's journey goes- always washing you up on new and interesting shores.

So there I was, laying on the table while she inserted the needles in my arms, legs (my ear???).  I shut my eyes and worked on relaxing, as the probable cause of these damn hives is stress.  I had read that acupuncture can cause you to feel relaxed and perhaps have a warm feeling spread throughout your body.  So, eyes closed, breathing deeply...the woman finishes and turns out the lights, leaves the room.  Soon enough I feel this warm feeling starting in my core.  Really nice and warm and lovely.  And kind of radiating out from there.  I'd never felt anything like it.  Wow.  I'm feeling all full of belief in chinese medicine and brimming with well-being when I open my eyes.  And see the heat lamp pointed at my stomach.  Well.  Made me laugh, which filled my cup of well-being ever so much more full.  So it wasn't the needles that filled me with warmth- who cares.  It was lovely nonetheless and I am still convinced that the treatment will help the hives fade even more.

No comments: