Saturday, November 29, 2014

He Drives

My eldest got his permit late this summer.  I think I handled it well.  Except for maybe that first time we pulled away from the curb.  Neither of us were ready for it- he took his foot of the brake and wasn't prepared that the car would go forward, even without his foot on the gas...we nearly clipped our neighbors car exactly 2 seconds into his first drive.  I only shrieked really loudly once.  Then I got it under control.

Early in his driving career, I had to consistently nudge him to go faster.  But then we pulled out on to the River Road, where there are no stop signs and little traffic.  He settled in, his shoulders relaxed, and he mumbled, "Huh.  I wonder how fast this little thing can go."  Not something he should say in front of his mother.  Luckily he is behind the wheel of a Prius.

No comments: