Saturday, November 29, 2014

Lucky Grandkids

Once again this past summer, my parents wrangled up the energy to disappear into the northland with two of their grandchildren.  It was Eli and Sammi's turn, made more important as the two of them missed hanging out together in Yellowstone when Eli skipped the trip to go to National History Day.  In August, they picked the two of them up to head up to some favorite haunts on the north shore.  They stayed in Sea Villa C-5, a place we have been visiting since I was Theo's age.  They roasted marshmellows on the shore, looked for agates, hiked along the river, did a little bouldering, and even got up the nerve to cliff jump.  I loved the picture of my dad, Eli, and Sam, all in flight, plunging toward the Temperance River.  It is so lovely that my parents are up for this, giving the cousins the time and space to really get to know each other each year.

No comments: