Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beefy

I journeyed up to the Northwest Y the other day to swim in their lovely outdoor pool. And then I left half of my swimsuit in the lockerroom. The bottom half. I hate losing things.
Anyway- today the boys and I were driving to the library to see a supposed 'comedy juggler' ( for the record- he was NO Bill the Juggler...not even close.) and I suggested to the boys that maybe later we should go to the Highland Pool for a swim since it was getting nice out. Here's their conversation:
Theo: But Mom doesn't have a bottom half of a suit!!
Eli: She has a different one- or we could make her a bottom out of some cloths.
Theo: Yeah! Like bandanas. (They do have many uses afterall).
Eli: Theo! Would you REALLY want to use your bandana again after it has been on Mom's butt?
Theo: Ohh...well, other cloths.
Eli: But they are not waterproof- we'd have to figure out how to make them water proof...
Theo: We could put a bag around them or something.
Eli: Welllllll.....it would have to be a really big bag. Mom does have pretty beefy legs.

BEEFY LEGS??? I let them know that I was feeling a bit of rage at that comment. And now Jon just called and said he had been at the Y and retrieved my poor lost swimsuit. So now I don't need their stupid cloths and beefy leg bags- but I am taking them to the pool and holding them underwater until they take that back!!

No comments: