Friday, July 17, 2009

New Shoes

Theo can be a little tough on a pair of shoes. Give Theo several months in a pair of Eli's old hand-me-downs, add 4 days on a river and that is a recipe for shoe blow-out of major proportions. So the kid needs a new pair. We looked real quickly at Famous Footwear but the guady factor of the kids shoes sent me into a major fit of decision paralysis. Today Theo and I made a quick swing through Target and we found a nice pair of gray 'running' shoes as Theo calls them- it was very important to him to get running shoes. The only problem was that they had shoelaces. Theo hasn't had a pair of shoes that require actual tying since....ever. But he thought they looked fast, and I thought the price and guady factor were both quite low so we bought them. Put them on in the parking lot. I tied them of course, with a promise of a lesson once we got home. When I pulled up in front of the house Theo popped out, did a few funny little stretches (he also pulls these stretches out during the middle of soccer games- apparently last night while he was stretching out his hams mid game someone kicked the ball, it bounced off Theo's knee and into the goal- that's where stretching will get you!) and then took off around the house as fast as he could. As he sprinted back to me at the car he caught his breath, said "And that was just a jog" and then bent down to dust off the new runners.

For the record, he has quickly become a shoe tying champ. I now feel confident that I will be able to send him off to college someday.

No comments: