Saturday, January 10, 2009

Como Park

For years now everytime I've made it to Como Park for a ski I have had this nagging feeling that it reminds me of something and I just can't place it. Today it became clear: Busytown. A la Richard Scarry? There are just so many people doing so many different things and everyone is going going going. Even though there are always a ton of people, there is definitely room for everyone, and people seem to always have huge smiles on their faces. And there are all kinds of people- skiers completely bedecked in lycra and flying around the skate lanes as well as old gramps in his knickers and his wooden skies cutting cross country, following his own route. Then the sledders, snowboarders, hikers, dog walkers, downhill skiers....it's amazing. And the setting is kind of busytown-esque for me for some reason. It brings me back to what I think it might have looked like in a 40's winter scene- minus the lycra, of course. Anyway, loved my outing, loved my ski, love St. Paul. And dang if the moon wasn't spectacular as I pulled out of the parking lot.
I never did find Lowly Worm. But he's out there. I know he is.

No comments: