Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good Morning

Just as I was rushing out the door to work this am, I heard Theo starting to stir. I can't resist a quick snuggle with the kid when he is fresh from sleep and so warm and comfy. So I leaned in and gave him a hug and a kiss. He swam his way up through his dreams to say....."Mom, why do you have to have such dead tuna breath?" Dead tuna? And this is AFTER I've brushed. No respect.

Tonight as Jon and I were looking at just a couple more things on Facebook before one of us peeled off to read to the kids, we heard Eli calling from his room: "Your attention please, the bedtime express is now boarding. Please get out your boarding documents and proceed to the gate. Turn off all electronic devices." I guess we were dallying too long.

I really wish that school would have been called today due to the cold. I would have loved a day in the sunny house with no plans and nothing to do but hang with my boys. There is something beyond delightful of having a day full of responsibilities pulled out from under you and all you have to do is stay warm and love your kids. But it didn't happen. Maybe a snow day next week?

No comments: