Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Perfect Allignment

Today I had the amazing luck to have all these things come together:
Sunshine
25 degrees
Freetime
Good health
Fabulous ski conditions (albeit only because there are some crafty groomers working for Minneapolis)

After a mind-numbing 4 hour workshop on testing protocols I was able to hop into my trusty suburu and head over to Lake of the Isles. There they have a lovely groomed skate trail with a skinny little track for those who prefer the classic way of skiing. I waxed up and headed out for an hour long ski. I went around Isles, through the channel over to Cedar, around that and then to the tunnel that connects to Brownie. From there you can go and go, eventually landing in Theodore Wirth Park. But I was out of steam so crawled back to my car. I am completely amazed at how hot I got while only wearing a long underwear shirt and a thin thin thin windbreaker. And I wore pants. But it is so refreshing to know that you can be completely comfortable out there even if the thermometer shows that it is technically below freezing. The only downer of my whole ski was that I forgot my sunglasses- and out on those snow covered lakes in the high noon sun, they are handy. Anyway. I'm still estatic. It is not often that all of those factors come together. Love Minnesota (for the moment) and especially that Minneapolis park system.

No comments: